So after having somewhat of a small revelation at last week's party, I came to the conclusion that things will work out. I'll always be a little depressed from time to time, I guess that's just how life goes. However, there's stuff to look forward to and I've got a lot to be thankful for. I also had quite the kickass weekend and did really well at the last Chicago VW Organization Auto-cross.
Speaking of Auto-x, did I mention I did really well at last weekend's? After feeling pretty confident about my maneuvers and times I asked a seasoned vet by the name of Conrad (interesting dude, ex-Marine/seems like a hard-ass but is actually a very nice, friendly guy) if he could ride along with me and see where I could improve. After the run, he said I did everything well, and that I should just enter a slalom a different way and try to get a little more speed in the sweepers. So the way I interpreted this, is I was doing pretty much everything my slow car would allow. That was a major confidence booster. My times dropped and I was quite content. When I make my car handle a little better and make it a little faster, I'm sure I'll see better results.
I've learned something over the past couple of months. Things work out. It may take a while and it may come in different forms that you don't expect, but they eventually work out. I can't think of an example of where this doesn't apply, perhaps there are a few, but for the most part things work out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment