Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Intro

I've decided to start this blog to record my thoughts in the form of anecdotes and memoirs. Maybe I'll post up some photos, reviews, etc as well. I've always thought about stirring up my creative juices and using my decent grasp of the English language to record such things, it's just now after being inspired by some scholarly works I'm examining for my German 385 class that I go ahead and do it.

First of all, I do not mean to sound pretentious when I entitle this "P. Joseph Nelsons Memoirs/Anecdotes" or title my entries as "Thoughts On Smoking" and "Thoughts On Politics". I'm no scholar (though I definitely hold a high regard for scholars and yearn to be one some day) and above all not an elitist, unless I'm criticizing the Volkswagen Auto Group. In a way I'm poking fun at myself and the educated way of doing things (sort of like the great German author Heinrich Heine would poke fun at himself and fellow Romantics, "Selbstironie" or "self-irony" is the term). I'm simply going about this in a dorky way.

Though I am going about this in a dorky way, a lot of what I will be writing I do find to be of my true thoughts and feelings, so please do not regard this as one huge comedic dork thing. I think I will also use this as an outlet to reveal some things I don't talk about often and reveal parts of me that are sort of hypocritical, so use the facilities, grab yourself some popcorn, and have a gander at what I shall be writing.

No comments: